Acting as the foundation from which all successful infrastructure and regeneration projects are delivered, Land Referencing is an essential early stage in a project life cycle.
As one of the leading Land Referencing providers within the UK, Ardent has extensive experience in identifying and consulting with affected parties in relation to land ownership and occupation. Whether your project is a large-scale infrastructure scheme or a localised development, our services will support the full land acquisition process, offering high-quality and reliable advice to meet the unique requirements of your project.
Supported by a large team of land specialists, Ardent has unrivalled experience in delivering complex and detailed land-referencing projects, drawing on our extensive knowledge to mitigate any risks to the success of your development.
We’re proud to have delivered on over 75 successful DCO projects across the UK, offering a unique conception-to-completion service that includes:
- Application of a robust land referencing methodology to demonstrate diligent enquiry ahead of public consultation and application submitting
- Our best-in-class bespoke geospatial database- Atlas, tailored to support a range of land activities through the entire life-cycle of major projects.
- Use of Requests for Information (RFIs) and Land Interest Questionnaires (LIQs)
- Complex Land Registry title interpretation
- Land Data management
- Production of statutory compliant Books of Reference and Compulsory Purchase Order Schedules
- Land Plans, Order Plans, Deposited Plans, Crown Land and Rights of Way Plans
- Securing Land Access for surveys
- Statutory Consultation notices under the Planning Act
- Statutory acquisition notices such as Notices to Treat, Notices of Entry, Notices of Intention and General Vesting Declarations
- Preparation, placing and monitoring of site notices using mobile technology
- Land referencing experts at hearings or Public Inquiries
- Bespoke plans for Land & Works Agreements
- Consultation & Landowner Engagement services
- Support through the Optioneering process
Land Referencing Services
Complementary to our Land Referencing services is our highly skilled team of GIS and CAD technicians. Our experienced team has delivered a vast range of statutory plans across numerous applications along with ancillary plans to support agreements, land acquisition, and reporting survey access.
Advanced WebApp, available across all mobile devices, enables land referencers to collate data on site, and geo-reference any issues or constraints in real time. The use of this technology supports statutory notice monitoring, survey access and creates a robust audit trail
Notice service is a requirement throughout all statutory application procedures. Ardent has extensive experience in preparing and issuing acquisition notices in all relevant forms, including Development Consent Orders (DCO), Transport and Works Act (TWA) Orders, Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPO), Hybrid Bill, and Exercising of Compulsory Purchase Powers.
From small local developments to large-scale national projects such as HS2, Ardent have considerable experience in gaining access to land. Whether it be informal walkover ecology surveys or intrusive investigations requiring formal licences such as ground investigation works or archaeological trial trenching, our land teams will work with you to obtain the specific access required. We frequently engage with affected landowners, implementing the most efficient and effective practices to ensure the continuation of your development.