Ardent advised EDF on the Hinkley Point C project. A member of the London team was seconded full time into EDF’s offices, in order to provide land advice and support for two years in the most efficient manner.
Ardent has recently been instructed on the Sizewell C DCO nuclear project in Suffolk where the team is instructed to;
- Conduct the land referencing process
- Produce the Book of Reference (BoR)
- Produce plans;
- Land Plans
- Crown Land Plans
- Special Category Land Plans for the DCO application.
The application is for a new Nuclear Power Station in Suffolk adjacent to the existing Sizewell B Station and includes an accommodation campus, significant road and rail improvements, freight sites and ecological mitigation / compensation areas.
Ardent have also;
- Negotiated licences on behalf of EDF, to allow access to land to undertake non-intrusive and intrusive surveys
- Undertaken land owner engagement
- Co-ordinated surveys with the contractors
- Produced a Property Cost Estimate (PCE) for all of the scheme including the rail and road led strategies.
The application is due to be submitted in Q1 2020 and Ardent will continue to support EDF throughout the examination, post consent and during construction.